Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Did you see that? Sneaky In-game Ads and Crackdown

The other night while the kids were sleeping I was bouncing around the Shai Gen district and I noticed something very odd on one of the buildings. It was a billboard that said "H and K in '08'...in theaters April 25th". WTF?

I hadn't picked up Crackdown in some time. It and All Pro Football have been my games of choice as of late because I can play them in short bursts before getting to bed. My first thought was "oh what a lovely Easter Egg" and then when I googled 'Harold Kumar Crackdown' I found this link.

I don't have a problem with in-game ads, but this is the first time I have run into them in a game. I always thought that I wouldn't pay them any mind when I saw them, but here I am giving the movie face time because I thought I was seeing things. Clever marketing ploy, indeed!

No comments: