Thursday, January 17, 2008

COD 4 OCD - Freakin' FNG


My wife picked up the Limited Edition of Call of Duty 4 for me over the holidays and I finally got around to firing it up.

I didn't get very far in the campaign because I spent all my free time in tutorial.

At the start of the game you're given a overview of your weapons, aiming, firing, reloading and swapping as well as melee attacks (BTW, the NPC response to my melee attack was pretty funny, I thought). You're directed to meet up with the rest of the squad afterwards and this is where I spent my free time.

There is an obstacle course where you have to take out targets with your weapon and flash bang grenades. Based on your finish time, the game sets an appropriate difficulty level.

I must have run through the course a couple dozen times trying to get close to the best time at Infinity Ward. Even when I went back to the game later, I still kept trying to better my time.

My best is 25.87 seconds. The Infinity Ward best was listed at 15. Someone has managed (hacked?) a finish of the level in under 10 seconds.

I know the rest of the game is awesome but for some reason I keep going back to this time trial!

No comments: