Monday, August 27, 2007

Entitled?

It amazes me that people feel so entitled to things that they have not paid for or earned.

Specifically, I am talking about the Call of Duty 4 Beta. Actually, not even the beta but the forums at the Call of Duty website.

After the great success of the Halo 3 beta, Inifinity Ward thought it would be a great idea to provide a similar multiplayer beta of its latest release. However the response to the beta was so great it crippled the website where people could log on.

I can understand being disappointed. I'd like a chance to play the beta too. However, if I don't get the chance, I would not flame the company with all sorts of colorful language.

Why is it that people feel like Infinity Ward owes them something? The beta wasn't pre-packaged with a title a la Crackdown. They are trying their best to give folks a chance at a gaining entry.

No comments: